When talking about types of cloud computing, it will be important to talk about virtualization. Cloud computing typically starts with virtualization. Virtualization is using computer resources to imitate other computer resources or whole computer. It separates resources and services from the underlying physical delivery environment.
How is Virtualization in Cloud Computing
It has three characteristics that make it ideal for cloud computing:
- In virtualization, many applications and operating systems are supported in a single physical system by separating the available resources.
- Each virtual machine is isolated from its host’s physical system and other virtualized machines. Because of this isolation, if one virtual instance clashes, it doesn’t affect the other virtual machines. In addition, the data isn’t shared between one virtual container and another.
- A virtual machine can be represented and even stored as a single file, so you can identify it easily based on the service it provides. In essence, the encapsulated process could be a business service. This encapsulation can protect each application in cloud computing so that it doesn’t interfere with other applications.
Application of Virtualization in Cloud Computing
Virtualization can be applied to; memory, network, storage, hardware, operating system, applications. It is important for cloud computing because it decouples the software from the hardware. Decoupling means that the software is put in a separate container so that it is isolated from the operating system.
Forms of Virtualization in Cloud Computing
To understand how virtualization helps in cloud computing, you must understand its forms. In essence, in all cases, a resource actually emulates or imitate another resource. Examples are:
- Virtual memory. The disks have a lot more space than computer memory. Therefore, the virtual memory , the computer frees valuable memory space by placing information it doesn’t use often in disk space. PCs have virtual memory, which is the disk area that is used like memory. Although disks are very slow in comparison with memory, the user may never notice the difference, especially if the system does a good job of managing virtual memory. The substitution works surprisingly well.
- Companies have built software that can emulate a whole computer. That way, one computer can perform as though it was actually 20 computers. The application consolidation results can be quite significant. This reduction results in less money spent not only on computer, but also in power, air conditioning, maintenance and floor space.
Different Web hosting Plans
Get to know more about the different type of web hosting plans by engaging with hostgator.com. Buy their Hostgator coupons so that you get the services at a discounted rate. There are different ways of web hosting plans which include; Reseller hosting which is a service geared for webmasters who want to resell their own webhosting services. It is a good option for those with multiple websites because it makes it easier to manage many websites under one control panel. Shared hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated servers are some of the services you receive from Hostgator.com.