Understanding the right web hosting servicefor you
Basic things to understand
Planning to have a website is not easy. First, you have to get a web host provider that will work for you. Here, they will build the backbone of your website, put on the necessary features that match your preference, and the necessary web design or layout that is appropriate for the purpose, whether it is a personal website or a business online portal. The process as explained may consists of easy sequential steps but actually along the process, you are dealing with different techniques and methods for each of the components are successfully setup to your website. There could be several web-hosting companies available all over the internet that offers a variety of service plans or packages yet you should understand the types of web hosting before you finally arrive at the one you really need.
Knowing the right web hosting type
Knowing what web hosting service is the most appropriate for you is quite critical because you have to consider first your purpose. You must evaluate your need to have the website so that you will know how much bandwidth and disk space that you need to facilitate data transfers. Another thing, you will also be able to save up on paying for packages that offer many features when you actually need just two or three from it.
You should also remember that it is not always about the price of the web host plans. It also consists of the other related features that you think you can use for your website. This could include server features, ease of access via control panel management, technical support through email, and many other options. However, you must also know the type of web hosting that is for you. Here are the types of web hosting that you should know:
- Free hosting –If you are just planning to have a personal website with no critical requirements or specified e-commerce purposes, free hosting is for you. With its free features, you should expect the consequential risks like having a low connectivity and more frequent posting of advertisement banners.
- Shared Hosting – This means that the server is shared with other existing websites. This is recommended for new websites to avoid hassle in managing the server and it is an economical type of hosting. Shared hosting is relatively cheap, and is perfect for your first website. I recommend going with HostGator, which is very affordable when using a Hostgator coupon.
- Reseller Hosting – This works similarly like the shared hosting because of the shared servers but you can also make your own unique hosting account with its corresponding control panel.
- Dedicated Hosting – Dedicated hosting means that you manage your own server rather than shared. It is best for website owners to receive a number of visitors that contribute to traffic and those that have special requirements that are not available in a shared hosting environment.
- Collocated Hosting –With collocated hosting, you will have your own server, purchase it from the web host provider, and manage all of its features. This is the most advantageous of all web hosting types because you are in control of your website.